Experienced Workers Compensation Attorney Helping St. Louis Injury Victims
Providing workers with information about what to do following a work-related injury
the Guirl Law Firm was founded in 1999 with the sole mission of providing professional, compassionate representation to injured people throughout St. Louis. Our injury attorney has more than 25 years of litigation experience and a commitment to helping those in need. Learn what you should do after a workplace injury to file a successful workers compensation application or appeal.
What you should do after you are injured
Take the steps necessary to protect yourself after you have been injured in a workplace accident. Your responsive, prompt actions are important to preserve your rights and improve your chances of recovery. After your injury, you should:
- Report your injury to your employer or supervisor — Do this as soon as you reasonably can. Failure to notify your employer of your accident or illness within 30 days may jeopardize your eligibility for workers compensation benefits.
- Get the medical care you need — Your employer or its insurance carrier is required to pay all costs of your immediate medical care — including treatments, prescription medications and medical devices. Getting the appropriate treatment may increase your chances of physical recovery and provides necessary proof of your eligibility for legal recovery of benefits.
- Apply for workers compensation benefits — Your employer pays workers compensation insurance premiums in compliance with Missouri laws. Now that you have sustained an injury or suffered an illness because of a work-related accident or condition, you have the right to receive coverage. Contact our St. Louis law office so our lawyer can provide you with immediate assistance with your workers compensation application.
How our St. Louis workers compensation lawyers can help
The Guirl Law Firm assists you in applying at the Missouri Division of Workers’ Compensation St. Louis office to facilitate the timely payment of your rightful benefits. Our lawyer pursues your maximum workers compensation benefits available for your injury or illness, including:
- Temporary total disability (TTD)
- Temporary partial disability
- Permanent total disability
- Permanent partial disability
- Second Injury Fund benefits
- Survivor benefits
- Kids’ Chance of Missouri
- Benefits for emergency personnel killed in the line of duty
The Division of Worker’s Compensation often denies the injury claims of workers who qualify for the program. If this happens, we promptly file an appeal to ensure that your payments are not unfairly delayed.
Let our St. Louis workers comp attorney guide you in taking the right steps to recover workers compensation benefits after you have sustained a workplace injury
To learn more about what you should do after an on-the-job injury, call the Guirl Law Firm on our 24-hour toll-free hotline 314-391-2585 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.