Knowledgeable St. Louis Medical Malpractice Lawyer Fights for Injured Patients
Strong advocate holds healthcare providers accountable for negligence
The Guirl Law Firm advocates for Missouri patients injured by negligent medical care. With over 30 years of experience, we have the in-depth knowledge and polished litigation skills to achieve the best results in your case. Under Missouri and Illinois’ medical malpractice statutes of limitations, there is a short time period to file your lawsuit from the time a medical mistake occurs. However, circumstances often extend the statutory period, so you should still consult us immediately.
How our St. Louis medical malpractice attorney can help you
By focusing exclusively on personal injury and medical malpractice recovery, the Guirl Law Firm can devote our full attention and extensive resources to your malpractice case. We can help you with a wide range of issues, including:
- Anesthesia errors — Poor surgical outcomes are often linked to anesthesiologist mistakes. Too much anesthesia can cause brain damage due to anoxia, while too little can cause a patient to awaken during surgery.
- Birth injuries — Sophisticated medical care should protect a mother and her baby during childbirth. When an error by a health care professional causes a birth injury, we offer compassionate, effective representation to you and your family.
- Failure to diagnose — Our lawyer maximizes your recovery for a doctor’s failure to diagnose your disease or condition. We also review whether you have a cause of action against your insurance company for failing to approve necessary diagnostic testing.
- Medical class actions — If appropriate in your case, our law firm discusses filing your lawsuit as a medical class action. We review class-action notifications and advise you on whether it is in your best interest.
- Nursing home medical errors, neglect, and abuse — Nursing homes have a duty to treat your loved one with respect and dignity and to provide appropriate medical care. If you suspect abuse or neglect, we help you protect your family member and recover compensation for nursing home errors.
- Prescription drug errors — Doctors can prescribe the wrong drugs, the wrong dosage, or medications that interact with other prescriptions. Pharmacists who fill prescriptions and nurses who dispense drugs in a hospital setting can make errors that cause patients severe harm.
- Surgical errors and emergency room mistakes — Surgical teams have protocols to prevent what they call “never events,” mishaps that should never occur under any circumstances. Unfortunately, negligence too often paves the way for never events such as wrong site surgery, wrong side surgery, foreign objects left in body cavities, and preventable post-operative infections. When you are faced with a dire medical emergency, the hospital has a duty to give you quality care as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, too many ER patients suffer serious injuries because they were kept waiting or given hasty care. Our firm provides aggressive representation for surgical and emergency room errors.
Our background in personal injury law, and specifically in medical malpractice cases, empowers us to provide aggressive representation that delivers results. If you suspect that substandard medical care has harmed you, trust the Guirl Law Firm to fight tirelessly on your behalf.
Contact our St. Louis attorney today to schedule a free initial consultation
Find out how our medical malpractice attorney can recover damages from facilities or professionals who caused you harm. For the advice you need, and positive results in your medical malpractice case, call the Guirl Law Firm any time, 24-hours a day, at 314-621-6400 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.