Search Site

Personal Injury Lawyers in St. Louis Helping Victims of Negligence

Providing the answers to frequently asked questions about personal injury, workers compensation and medical malpractice

The Guirl Law Firm, LLC concentrates solely on personal injury, workers compensation and medical malpractice to provide our St. Louis clients the level of focused attention and polished skills that accomplish results. Based on more than 25 years of experience, we answer frequently asked questions about compensation recovery. Read our responses to FAQs and then contact our office to schedule a no-obligation, free consultation at which we will discuss your case in detail.

Contact our St. Louis lawyer today to get answers your questions about personal injury recovery

Call The Guirl Law Firm, LLC on our 24-hour toll-free hotline 314-391-2585 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.




What types of damages can I recover for my personal injury?

Each injury case is different, but we might pursue recovery for lost wages, diminished future earning capacity, medical bills, anticipated injury-related health care costs, pain, suffering, disability, disfigurement and emotional distress.


Will my personal injury case go to trial?

We settle most personal injury claims out of court. However, we never settle for less than you deserve. If the insurance company refuses to negotiate for a fair damages award, we take your case to trial.


Should I accept the offer the auto insurance agent has made?

Never accept a settlement without first consulting a qualified personal injury attorney. Once you sign a waiver, you may permanently forfeit your rights to recover the amount of compensation you deserve for the injuries you sustained in an auto accident.


Back to top

Can I sue my employer and collect workers compensation benefits?

The workers compensation system is designed to immediately pay medical expenses and wages of injured workers without having to endure a long, drawn-out lawsuit or prove negligence. In return for this benefit, employees are prohibited from suing their employers in most cases.

My employer claims I am not eligible for workers compensation payments. Do I have recourse?

You can file a Claim for Compensation with the Division of Workers’ Compensation.

Who can be sued for medical malpractice?

Parties who might be named in a medical malpractice lawsuit include specialists, surgeons, doctors, nurses, dieticians, lab technicians, physical therapists, nursing home staff, hospitals, clinics, labs and long-term care facilities.

Back to top

By what standard are doctors judged in medical malpractice cases?

A doctor may be held liable for an act or omission that fails to meet the standards of a reasonably situated professional.


My injuries have resulted in substantial medical bills and an extensive amount of unpaid leave. What if I cannot afford to retain a lawyer?

Our lawyer believes that all injury victims have the right to be treated with justice and fairness. We handle your case on contingency — meaning you do not pay attorney fees until we recover compensation in your case.


I am confined to my bed because of my injury. Can you visit me in my home to discuss my case?

If you are unable to travel to our St. Louis personal injury law office, our lawyer will schedule your appointments at your home or in the hospital.

Back to top


The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Case: Medical Malpractice: Anoxic Brain Injury
Results: Settlement: $2,000,000.00
Case: Personal Injury: Truck/Motor Vehicle
Results: Settlement: 1,000,000.00 (policy limits)
Case: Medical Malpractice: Childbirth/Shoulder Dystocia
Results: Jury Verdict: $840,000.00